The Rotorua Yacht Club Covid-19 Safety Plan contains both procedural information along with general information about Covid-19 for Alert Level 2. It is important that everyone follows this plan to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all, so people are in contact with as few others as possible, whilst Alert Level 2 remains in New Zealand.
Club Members can access the boat shed and clubhouse, provided that they minimise their use of these spaces and sanitise before they leave. All visitors must sign in when they arrive and sign out when they leave. Safety boats will be available for use during this period, with approval of the Commodore. These will also need to be sanitised.
Hall hire must be approved by the Commodore. After each hire, all areas used must be sanitised & all surfaces disinfected.
The following procedures are to be followed:
- It is expected that everyone follows government directives around Covid-19.
- Clubs must operate safely – keeping two metres between members and persons onsite where possible.
- Recording who is on-site, limiting interaction between groups.
- Safety boats and common areas are to be sanitised, disinfecting surfaces, and maintaining high hygiene standards after use.
- Most members will not require PPE to stay safe at. Incorrectly used PPE can create more risk. Good hygiene measures like hand washing with soap and water, physical distancing, sneeze and cough etiquette, and wiping down surfaces is the best defence against COVID-19.
- Face to face contact should be limitation & increased distance where possible.
- All persons on-site are required to fill in the register on clip board at club house entrances with name, contact details, time in and out.
Covid-19 Signs & Symptoms
- Are you experiencing shortness of breath?
- Do you have a high temperature (at least 38°C)?
- Are you coughing?